Bill Hayde has extensive experience and knowledge of brand management, marketing,
sales and distribution in domestic and international wine and spirits. With over
thirty years of experience he is fully conversant with all operational and compliance
aspects of federal and state liquor licensing laws; tier level pricing and depletion
allowance programming. He works closely with distributor sales forces to motivate,
develop and implement proactive marketing and sales programming.
His experience gives him a unique ability to quickly and accurately assess a winery’s
needs and concerns and recommend viable solutions. Being a problem solver with excellent
interpersonal skills he is able to instill employer confidence and customer satisfaction.
He excels working under pressure and consistently attains and surpasses targeted
goals. His dedication to his clients, work ethic, and no-nonsense approach make him
one of the most highly respected individuals in the industry.
He has managed brands from California, Oregon, New York, Washington State, Austria,
Hungary, Australia, Germany, and Italy and received recognition and accelerated promotions
to Head of Marketing, Sales and Compliance. His responsibilities included:
- Marketing Admin,
- Training/sales programs and personnel;
- Compliance and customer (supply side & retail sales) relations.
- Overall management and supervision of regional wine and spirit markets.
- Worked directly with wineries/suppliers in product development and introduction of
new wineries to raise public awareness. Recommended and implemented effective sales
- Managed (budget, goal setting, and reporting) sales forces in the promoting sales
of wine and spirit brand programs in designated territories.
- Train/develop/direct distributor marketing network and sales reps in order to achieve
sales force’s assigned goals.
- Responsible for establishing marketing/sales presence through competitive pricing
in geographical spheres of influence.
- Planning, coordination and implementation of wine and spirit product launches.
- Monitoring proper shelf-management of clients’ brand products is in place and continually
- Conducting call program with key accounts to ensure sales and marketing programs
- Working with brand and sales managers to promote new initiatives, expansion of product
portfolios and ensure success in achieving core brands’ goals.
- Developed customized POS programs, product sell sheets for presentations and retail
- Oversaw company compliance with federal, state and local laws relating to wine and
spirits products, e.g., price filings, brand registrations and obtaining federal
label approvals for all imported wines.